Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Now the "Bug"

Just as we were getting into our lesson in 1st period today, I get a message from the office that Collin is vomiting at school and needs to be picked up asap. So I whip together some work for my other classes and hit the door!! Bless his sweet heart, he is still not even over this awful cough. We are assuming it's the dreaded stomach bug. Hopefully, it is just a short 24 hour deal. Aside from the occasional episode, he is going as strong and spunky as ever.

One thing is for sure, we have GOT to get all this sickness knocked out in time for the holidays, especially since Thanksgiving break is in 2 days!! Whoo hoo! Oh I can hardly wait!!! Lucky for us, Collin has been forcing asking us to play Christmas music all day everyday, so we are getting in the holiday spirit to say the least. I think we are already tired of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." HA

Last night, we had two eager helpers cooking dinner. Good news for me because I totally outdid myself with tacos from a box, and I really needed the extra help ;)


I love their little faces when the onions started to sizzle. They thought they had done something big! It's the little things, folks.
Actually Collin always loves to help cook.
Later on while we were letting the dishes soak, we noticed B was awfully quiet. We found her doing this: "I wash da dishes." This is her favorite part due to the amount of bubbles this activity involves.
And here is her meltdown after washing dishes because she got wet.


And speaking of meltdowns, I'll end with this story that also happened last night. I got Collin out of the tub first because he asked politely and was behaving the best. That's just our rule. You have to be nice and good to get out first. (Again, it's the little things.) Of course that totally ticked off Brantlee even more. As I was drying her off she started crying because I didn't wrap her up immediately. She told me to wrap her up because,and I quote, "my boobies were coming out!" WHAT?!?! Obviously, she wanted to be covered up. End of story.  Sigh. My oh my, that little girl.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love that Brantlee! And poor Collin, bless his little heart! Hope all the sickness goes away ASAP!

Brittany said...

her boobies!!!! love it!