You would never know we had experienced temperatures in the mid 80s this week. It was so frigid and windy!! Which is fine if you aren't stationed OUTSIDE selling cookies and cupcakes because you are the Honor Society Sponsor ;) Thanks to some very sweet students, we survived and sold all our goodies. And all kidding aside, it was a successful night, and the kids were good sports.
And because we were all free from responsibility today, we made a new (to us) discovery on our shopping trip to the Burg.
Why have we waited until now to take these kids to Chuckie Cheese??!! Bless their hearts. It was like they had never been out of the house before. Oh we will back to this establishment! They had so much fun!
And last, but certainly not least, the main reason this Friday was so fun is that we got to celebrate the birthday of our very dear friend Amy. Sweet Amy is going through a difficult season of life right now, so her Mom and another friend threw a surprise party for her tonight! In the process of bringing the "Old Amy" back, we sang karaoke with some of our favorite old tunes. If it takes friends singing and making a fool out of ourselves to mend a broken heart, then that's just what we will do. I hate I forgot my camera and had to use my phone for pics. (Just for the record, these pictures really aren't fair, because I was up there embarrassing myself too. I just don't have the photo evidence to prove it... thank goodness.)
I can't remember which song Danielle was singing here, but can't you feel the emotion?!
We love you Amy!! You are so special, and you deserve all the happiness in the world!
I apologize for the randomness here, but I wanted to document B's recent eye appointment. Back in June, Brantlee was diagnosed with Strabismus in the left eye. We were told that surgery would be the best (and only) option to fix it. We didn't really like that news, so we got a referral for a 2nd opinion. Since that appointment we have noticed the problem much much less, almost as if the problem was improving on its own.We took her to UMC last week to see a specialist. He gave us very hopeful and non-invasive news!! Her eyesight is fine, and the Strabismus isn't bad enough to warrant surgery. Praise the Lord!
This is B waiting patiently for her eyes to dilate... with no nap :) And yes, that is a Thomas cup. Girls can like trains, right?
Done and ready to go with her cool shades and cell phone. I have to brag here. B was such a big girl for this appointment. She handled the eye drops, 3 different exams, waiting, and scary technology like a little lady.
Okay, I'm done here. Everyone is in bed but me, and I better get some sleep soon. I'm thinking Saturday won't be as busy as Friday. Hopefully not anyway!







2 comments:
Yall have been Busy, Busy! Guess that is going to be the story of our lives from here on out =)! Loved the halloween costumes! Your kids are always full of smiles- so precious! xoxo
I love reading up on your family! Especially when it includes your daddy running 10 miles! He has lost his mind, ha! I am really proud of him, that's great. He probaby figures Sysco would kill him if he weren't in tiptop shape. We should get out kids together, they sound so much alike, so funny!!! I love this season of life and all the craziness it brings. :)
Post a Comment