The lights weren't quite what we anticipated, but the train ride was!
Well, Brantlee wasn't too impressed with anything at this point. It had been a long day :)
Mr. Michael, Collin, and Allie
Saturday morning came awfully early! I was thinking (hoping) the kids would sleep late so we wouldn't have too much time to kill before we went to see Kyle. BUT they were up at sunrise and just in time to wish Daddy luck!!
I don't remember the last time I have seen him this nervous. Not gonna lie... I was nervous for him.
After about 4 hours in the hotel room with these precious kiddos, we had to GET OUT! So we strolled around downtown to sight see and watch the runners.
We waited and waited and waited at the race finish. My nerves were completely shot, for obvious reasons. And then finally we saw him round the corner!!
I don't think I have ever been happier to see this man ... uninjured and still running :) :)
Turns out, he was later finishing than he hoped (4hrs 40 mins) due to some major cramping starting at mile 15!! He wasn't thrilled about his time, but we are so, so proud of him!
Kyle was pretty sore after, but his recovery was much, much better than I thought it would be. And you better bet that, God willing, this will not be his last marathon. I think it just sort of fueled the fire.
Then we booked it back down south for a very special little boy's 3 year old birthday!
Happy birthday Fischer! We love you, little buddy!


1 comment:
Congrats Kyle!! What an accomplishment!! Miss you all, Kristin and Craig
Post a Comment