Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sprout, the Elf

The strangest thing happened the other night. Collin and Brantlee were getting ready for bed, and the front door bell rang. They opened the door to find a present with their names on it!


It was their own Elf on a Shelf!

We read the story and learned all about him, but made sure we didn't touch him. Then we had to name him. Collin's first instinct was "Fizz," But then he changed it to "Sprout."

Collin was so baffled by this whole deal. He said, "Mom, did Santa really bring this to us??" I told him I really didn't know! 

Would you know that when we woke up the next morning Sprout had made it out of the box and onto the entertainment center?! He has been popping up in the strangest places lately. Collin wakes up and searches for Sprout the minute his eyes open. Brantlee isn't acting too worried about it. I guess she thinks that Barbie Dream House she asked for is in the bag, ha! ;) ;) 

Anyway, it is surely looking like Christmas around here. The tree is up, the kids have decorated their own trees, and we put out the outdoor decorations this week. I can't wait for Christmas this year with these two! 

2 comments:

Julie Ard James said...

I love it! Cash is just like Collin and Arden is just like B. :) It is so awesome to see his amazement every morning! Merry Christmas to ya'll and congrats on your wonderful news!! :)

Amanda said...

How fun!! I wonder if Sprout had a friend he can send to watch these boys that are going to get sticks if they don't shape up!!