Thursday, January 13, 2011

It is COLD y'all!

It seems like we have been in hibernation since Sunday when a "Winter Storm" came through and covered our area in ice! We were out of school Monday, which was really nice. But we had two disappointed children when they woke up and there was no snow :( I mean, really disappointed. Hopefully we will get to see some white stuff at some point this winter.



Even though the ice is gone, it has still been too cold to play outside. So things like foam crafts, crayons, markers, glue, stickers, and paint have kept us sort of busy. Honestly though, on any given day with any type of weather, these activities would still keep these two happily occupied.



And on days like these, we don't bother to put on real clothes or brush our hair, or anything unnecessary like that ;)

And if we get tired of crafting, we make "tents" and have Oh, so much fun!


Off the subject a little, but I think it is necessary to document one of our current struggles. Brantlee is so opinionated about what she wears these days! For example, she has this one shirt that, if she sees it, you can hang it up on her wearing what you had planned. It's a cute shirt... but I don't want to see it EVERYDAY. Same thing with her black boots. If she ever sees them, that's it. She will throw a fit to wear them. It is no surprise that her Dora pajamas are now a favorite item. Unfortunately this set of pj's has seen its better days. The top is too short/tight and it has this gross stain on the front. Not to mention, it needed to be washed last night. But of course none of that mattered to B. And the several, precious sets of pajamas she got for Christmas apparently don't matter to her either.  Last night, the child screamed until she couldn't catch her breath and I took off her blue snow flake pj's and put on these. Some battles we fight. Some we don't. We chose not to fight this one :)



3 comments:

Julie Ard James said...

I have to say I am glad that even though you are right up the street I am so glad you got all the ice. Can you please keep all the white stuff to if we get any this way? ha!! We don't dress on days like this either and I am impressed that those crafts keep them so entertained. I am gonna try that more!! And I am glad that I am not the only mama who has opinionated children, keep choosing your battles girl, some just aren't worth it! :)

Angela said...

As you know we have been dealing with the clothes issue as well for quite a while. But Amelia's is really about sleeves or "sweeves." Since there's no way I'm letting her wear short sleeves in this weather, she just insists on pushing her sleeves up, no matter the outfit, no matter the weather.

The Kingrea's said...

Hello Cragers! Looks much colder there then here in Louisiana! You are such a good mommy with all the tricks up your sleeves to keep the babies occupied! Craig and I were cracking up at the Brantlee stories! xoxo