These kids crack us up everyday! At age 2 and 3 (practically 4), you just never know what's coming out of their mouths or what they are going to do next. These things may not be funny to anyone but us, but I want to have some things on the blog for us to remember.
Collin and Brantlee fight dragons, rescue princesses, and hide from giants and witches a lot during the day. They also build castles during bath time.
And speaking of bath time... I was washing Collin's feet the other day (more like scrubbing them until the hide almost came off) after a long day of playing outside. I nonchalantly made the comment that he had "grocery store" feet - ha. Then I realized he probably didn't know what I meant by that, so I asked him if he knew what "grocery store" feet were. His response (brace yourself):
"Yeah Mom, you know when your feet get all dusty... like Jesus's feet did."
WHAT?!?! HA HA! I guess he has seen pictures of Jesus with bare feet at Sunday School, and he made a connection! Or maybe it is the Bible story where the woman washes Jesus's feet. I don't know. I am still cracking up about that one, and I hope no one is offended by my 3-year-old's association here :)
Brantlee is the most hilarious shopper (when she's cooperating.) She takes like 5 or 6 things off the rack when I'm not looking and says, "Look at this... it's soooo cuuute." She can't help herself in stores. It never fails, I'll turn around and she's got her arms full of things that are just sooo cuuute ;) She gets it honestly.
We went to watch JCJC's baseball team play in the State Championship (they won) a couple weeks ago. Of course in public places, we wind up going to the bathroom like 10 times for one child or another. I'm pretty sure we had just gotten back to our seats from either the bathroom or concession stand, and B shouts out in the crowded stands, "I GOTTA POO POO!!" So I put my drink down and start to get up and she yells, "Huwwy up, it's comin OUT!!" Geez. So we rush to the restroom! And guess what... false alarm. Typical :/
Collin loves his Daddy so much. Both children adore him actually. But now that Collin is getting older he likes to take showers with Dad. The other night while they were in the shower, I overhear this conversation:
Collin: "Hey Dad... you ever want to go to outer space?"
Kyle: "What? Out of state?"
Collin: "No, Dad. Outer space."
He will be so mad one day. But these two children are inseparable! And this means that sometimes Brantlee fights dragons. And sometimes Collin wears a tutu to the "parties" they have :)
This dog is Axle. He is our neighbor's dog that both children LOVE, Brantlee especially. She hugs and pets him and says in her sweet high-pitched voice, "Hey sweet Axle, you are soooo sweet." He actually is a sweet dog though, despite his appearance.
The imagination of these two is so much fun to see and hear. They are always acting out things from the movies they watch. We have progressed to actual Disney movies, instead of just cartoons. We are hooked on Tangled and Beauty and the Beast right now. I love it!
Brantlee wakes up looking for her Minnie Mouse dress. Seriously, she wears it every.single.day. It is major drama when I have to wash it. She also wakes up asking for candy and cupcakes for breakfast. Again, it is drama over the answer. Her motivation for everything is candy. When she uses the potty or finishes her food, it's all for a candy reward (she thinks). What will I do with her?
Curls that match this personality!
B doesn't like to walk anywhere. When we are in public (or anywhere) she wants to be carried. It must come with the territory of being the baby. Well, the other day I picked her up after much whining and she said in a distressed and tired voice, "Mommy, I'm too heavy to walk."
This is our little gardener. He is obsessed with the garden this year! He sneaks around the house to check on everything a few times a day. The other day, we had our first harvest... just about a week early. He had watched that squash until he couldn't stand it anymore. He finally had to pick it before Daddy got home. This boy knows the whereabouts of every plant in that garden. And don't you dare pick anything without him there to do it himself. Love that little man :)








4 comments:
Is Axle a police dog? Scott's mom had a german shepherd named Axle & they gave him to the sheriff's dept.
Holly- I don't think so!? It's our neighbor's neice's dog, so surely not, right?
Love B's girly-girl personality and Collin and his garden! So precious.
I LOVED this blog entry!! :)
Post a Comment