Monday, June 28, 2010

Recovering

We are recovering from one of the busiest weekends we've had in a while. Not that it wasn't fun, just super busy! Friday morning Brantlee and I did some grocery shopping while Collin and Kyle went to get "summer" haircuts. Both of their haircuts are super short, and I was told by Kyle not to say a word about it. I personally thought they both looked great! Except for the fact that Collin looks older and older the shorter these haircuts get!

Friday afternoon we had several special guests. Our cousin K'Lynne was home from Maryland to be in a friend's wedding, and she and Pammi came by for just a little while. Also, my dear friend Angela and sweet Amelia came by for a visit. We haven't seen them in over a year, and I was so, so glad they came. It took the girls a while to get reacquainted. This is a hard age for sharing, and neither girl really wanted to ;) It was pretty hilarious!! It was so fun to listen to their new phrases and words. They are so much alike! Maybe next time we get together they will be out of this phase and will want to be better friends. But by the end of the visit, they started playing better together. I just couldn't get over the expression on Amelia's face here! "I can't believe you are actually buying into this picture taking business, Brantlee. Seriously?"- ha

Here is Amelia giving B some love. B's face here is sooo her!

Amelia loved this chair. Cute, Cute!


Saturday morning was Collin's last t-ball game of the season. Fischer and Brantlee came to cheer him on.

Running to home plate!

Lining up to tell the other team "good game." I love this part! It's so cute.

Saturday evening we went to Mee Maw's house to visit K'Lynne and the rest of the family. We don't get to see her nearly enough, so we stayed as late we could. (Kyle didn't get to come. He locked himself in our room and worked on his never-ending paper to complete his schooling in August.) We had such a great time visiting that I didn't take a picture of her with the kids!
Sunday at church we had a meal fundraiser for the preschool department, and mom and I helped cook. Kyle got the kids to church all by himself. (I never doubted him.) Finally Sunday afternoon we got to rest. (Well, rest while writing a paper that's due Tuesday for my class!! Yikes!)
Somehow we managed to spend some time on the trampoline with the water hose. Does it get more fun than this??!! I really don't think so.
And check out this homemade contraption a patient gave us. The kids LOVE it!!

Miss Brantlee in the humidity and in all her curly-headed glory ;)

Happy Summer! Til next time.

No comments: