Thursday morning I was running around (and running late) trying get out the door for work. I opened the car door and found a very sweet note from Kyle telling me we were staying overnight somewhere Friday night, but he wouldn't tell me where. It totally made my day! Then, in true Courtney fashion, I spilled coffee all over the note on the way to school. It's okay though. It dried, is still legible and is stored in a drawer as a keepsake. We ended up going to the Coast with Joel and Amanda for the night. These sneaky and quite thoughtful guys arranged this outing without us knowing. We both greatly appreciated our night out! Great Mother's Day gift! (Plus I just ordered a jogging stroller as my gift. I promise I wouldn't have if I had known about the trip, but Kyle did know about it.)
Sunday evening we cooked dinner at our house for our moms. Casey, Derek, and Fischer came too. We gave these hard-working mothers gift certificates to a full-service salon in Laurel and some B&BW lotion. These two women deserve far more than this though. They do so, so much to help us with our children, and anything else for that matter. Their help does NOT go unappreciated or taken for granted!
Along with sweet cards, this precious gift below also made me tear up. My mom had all three grandkids make their handprints and framed them with this sweet message for Casey and me. I just had to share the poem.
"Sometimes you get discouraged, because I am so small.
And always leave my fingerprints on furniture and walls,
But everyday I'm growing, And I'll be grown one day
And all these tiny handprints will simply fade away.
So here's a final handprint, so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked when I was very small"
Thank you so much MOM!!
I love being a mommy for so many reasons. Collin and Brantlee, you are my heart! And you have changed the way I see the world and how deeply I feel things. Being your mommy is the best thing I have ever experienced. Here are some things that I love about you, even though some of these things make me a little sad:
I love that you are quickly growing into a handsome little boy that will finally pose for a picture.
I love that I find you talking to your toys and using your imagination.


1 comment:
I love everything about this post! Those frames are PRECIOUS! And Amelia puts her head down like that when she is throwing a fit too, ha!
Post a Comment