Sunday, June 10, 2012

We are ready.

After months of being completely indecisive, it looks like Baby Crager's nursery is finally complete! Now we just need a baby in it. Well, not yet. We want he/she to hold off just a few more weeks :) My  vision for this nursery was for it to be a calming, peaceful room. I figured with 3 children age 5 and under, calmness and peace might be hard to come by ;) So we went with an all gray and white theme with some subtle splashes of color here and there. We used a damask and striped fabric for the bedding that we had quite a time finding ... then attempted to match the gray and white. Who knew that would be so hard?! Mom got the idea for the alphabet wall from Pinterest. We just made it our own with baby colors, which may have to be adjusted once TyAnsley arrives. Can't have pink in a boy's room for heaven's sake!


This room is also sort of a guest room. You know, for anyone who would like to volunteer 
for the night shift ;) The lower shelf will display "Ty" or "Ansley" with letters similar to the ones on the wall. 


Mom made the bedding. Bless her! She did an amazing job and I couldn't be more thankful for her 
(and her talents!) For now the crib sheet is white, but I have a pink and blue one that will add some color once the baby is here. The other will go back to the store.

Same with the changing table - we have a pink and blue changing pad cover just waiting to be used. Mom lined the diaper basket with leftover fabric from the bedding.

IF it's a girl.

IF it's a boy.

We have "coming home" outfits for either one. I painted the frames. They were cheap and can easily be used in either Collin or Brantlee's room, or just repainted all together. Same with the baskets...


This is the only way I could prepare for a baby and not know the sex. I begged and borrowed from friends and Aunt Casey and went through all of C & B's clothes. I couldn't bare the thought of only having yellow, green and white. It was actually pretty fun going through all our old baby clothes and wondering what it will be like either way :) :) 

For the hospital... a yellow Boppy pillow, nursing cover, bag with white/yellow baby clothes, and extra boy or girl clothes to leave in the car until we know. Again, I HAVE to be fully prepared!

In all seriousness, not knowing the gender has not been that difficult at all. (Unless I try to shop. That's not so fun.) We STILL can't decide what we think it is. I go back and forth nearly twice a day. And we honestly could not care less either way. Healthy is our only request :) 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love the nursery, and I love how you are prepared either way! Can't wait to know if it's Ty or Ansley!