Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stairs Talk

Yesterday evening I captured a very funny and precious moment, I thought. We normally don't let the kids play on the stairs. I mean, what good can come of that, right? But yesterday I was trying to clean up from their painting and get dinner ready at the same time so I let them up there. Collin assured me they were just up there to "talk" anyway. As I was cleaning, I overheard their conversation that went something like this:

Collin: "Now Brantlee, what would you do iiiifffff one of your friends fell down at school? Would you be nice and help her up???"
Brantlee: "Yeah! I would help her up!"

Collin: "Ok, good Brantlee! Now, what would you do if one of your friends didn't have any popsicles??
Brantlee: "Well, I would share mine."

Collin: "Ok good! Now... what if your friend didn't have any toys to play with?
Brantlee: "I would let them come here and play with my Barbie Dream house!'

The conversation went on for several more minutes and "what ifs." I really don't know what compelled Collin to ask these questions but it totally cracked me up! It can be so hard to teach sharing and kindness. And we are never 100% sure our kids practice what they preach, ha. Let's face it. Adults don't always do it either.


Here are a few more recent "moments" 
Lunch outside in the tree house

Lunch with this poor lizard who was clearly at the wrong place at the wrong time :/ Sorry buddy.
Here we have evidence of our frequent night time intruders. But aren't they cute :) 

2 comments:

Melanie Pickering said...

We have very frequent bedtime intruders as well!!! But we just try to enjoy it while they still want to be in the same room as us!!

heatherstockett said...

This whole post is SO sweet!