Sunday, April 1, 2012

Brantlee's new room

Brantlee's room is now complete! We moved her over a couple of weeks ago, and the transition was very smooth.  Getting everything back in order and situated has taken forever it seems!! But we are just about finished and everything looks like it's back to *normal* again.  We made some tremendous progress on the nursery today. We got the crib set up, Mom is finished with the bedding, and the curtains are hung. I have been going through baby clothes (boy and girl) and getting them all folded and put away. This afternoon made it sooo real! A baby is coming soon!

Anyway, I wanted to post some before and after pictures of the dresser and headboard for B's room. Mom and I painted and painted and painted on the dresser. Dad built a frame for the headboard that we covered with with fabric. It sounds a LOT easier than it was, ha. We are all just tickled at how it turned out! Thank you so much Mom and Dad for your help!!

Painting in progress

A before pic of the headboard. Pardon us, Daisy ;)

These drawers turned out gorgeous for a little girl's room once they were painted white!

Finished product!

The mirror and sconces were originally black/brown too.

The finished headboard. We will NOT be doing a tutorial on how to get those buttons on there. 
(inside joke ;)

A sweet little room for a sweet little 3 year old girl :) 
Oh, and Mom had this split-second idea for the name board above the bed. I really think she whipped this out in a day. Blows my mind. I am learning tho!

3 posts in one day, ha! Had to strike while the iron was hot and the motivation level was high ;)


1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

How sweet! At least you're not bothering the cat ;)