It was a such a sweet, special morning. All three of them each had a card, and the kids helped pick out my gifts :) :) That evening we all went to eat. I loved my birthday date with my three favorite people! Then we had cake for dessert when we got home. Kyle wins the Thoughtfulness Award for quite a while.
Saturday morning the kids, Lolly and me went on a trip with our church children/preschoolers to the Children's Museum in Jackson. I am trying to figure out why we have waited so long to go. It was awesome!
I think they were all most excited about the bus ride though, and I'm not exaggerating.
I can't explain how cool and fun this place is, so I won't even try. But we will be back!
Collin is building a house here.
Brantlee and Lolly discovered a Dorothy dress. I think the picture says it all!
The kids stayed with Lolly and Poppy Saturday night while Kyle went to a high school football reunion and I finished up some details for the baby shower we hosted on Sunday. We hosted a baby shower for Danielle and Baby Laura who is due in early March. This family is so, so special to us (and many, many other people too.) Danielle is the strongest, most gracious person I know right now. We know the Lord is truly with them right now as they prepare for Laura and as Justin begins his long journey through chemo and his fight against cancer. But if you talk to Danielle, she will tell you they are so blessed right now. That kind of faith is truly humbling. Wow.
We had the best time at the shower! We laughed a lot and did a lot of oohing and aahhing over the all the beautiful gifts she got. Now we can't wait to meet this baby!
Needless to say after all the excitement of the weekend (including church twice on Sunday), we were all worn out! It is weekends like this, we thank the good Lord for mothers (and mother in laws). I know I am very grateful for mine and all the help she gives me.
On an ending note, I just can't stop laughing at this picture!!


1 comment:
Oh, what is wrong with B?! It is funny though!!
I love the Dorothy pic!!!
Post a Comment