While this is intended to be a funny post, getting Brantlee dressed to go ANYWHERE is nothing to laugh about. I honestly dread it every time. Here is what we struggle with ...so I can laugh about the real struggles when she is 16 ;)
- It doesn't matter what I pick out the first time, she isn't going to approve of it. That's a definite. Everytime. And that brings me to the next point.
- I have followed the advice of several people and I now pick out 3 different outfits and let her choose. If I don't, then she storms to her dresser and pulls out something crazy that doesn't match and/or fit. Simple, right? BUT the outfits I pick out to let her choose from must meet certain criteria. This brings me to the next point.
- The top/shirt/dress she wears MUST have sleeves. End of discussion. And I can respect this! However, I wasn't aware of this issue in April and May when I purchased many sleeveless outfits and shirts. This issue came up somewhere during June. And there just aren't too many sleeved little girl clothes for the summer!
- Solution: I have purchased little solid-colored fitted t shirts to layer under some of her sleeveless things. So far so good. But let's discuss shoes.
- Flip flops or "shlip shlops" must be worn everywhere. And again, I get that. But sometimes a little girl needs to wear some cute summer sandals. If she notices anyone else wearing flip flops and she isn't, it is bad news.
- Now on to sleepwear. Up until now, every day was a new day about what she wanted to sleep in, and not just any pair of pj's would do. We have recently introduced B to the night gown, and she is hooked. It is precious and too funny. She wears it all the time and would wear it out places if I let her. It has even replaced her Minnie Mouse dress! (gasp) The problem is that I only bought one. Note to self: Go back to Belk today and see if they have anymore in her size :) :)
What we have here is a classic meltdown getting dressed. Although this outfit has sleeves, I think she wanted the Hello Kitty nightgown. But we were going to night church, so that wasn't happening. Had to put my foot down.
Whew!! A sleeveless outfit AND sandals. I bought this outfit over a month ago, and it has taken me until now get her to wear it. It wasn't easy either.
If if was up to her, "fawy" and "pwincess" attire would be worn everywhere we go. So if you see us around somewhere and we look like this....
And here we are in the night gown that has Brantlee lovestruck!
Yes, we play in it outside in the afternoons. Don't judge.
Now let me make something clear. I am in no way trying to create a little girl who thinks she has to have perfect clothes and matching shoes everywhere she goes. I really do want a daughter who thinks individuality and inner beauty are important. However, she is a two-year-old little girl, and I get a window of opportunity to dress her in precious little clothes. (And snap as many pictures as I can.) That's it, a blink of an eye! Is that asking too much?




2 comments:
Haha Colby refuses to wear sleeveless shirts too. I thought it was strange. Glad to know he isn't the only one!
You know we are going through the same thing. Amelia's standards are different, but there is a battle every day and night over every piece of clothing and shoes! So funny that B insists on sleeves when Amelia hates them. I am really hoping this winter is different than last! All I can say is we are right there with you and I will pray for you!
Post a Comment