Thursday, June 2, 2011

This is the life!

Our Memorial weekend was spent hanging out with family. After swimming at Lolly and Poppy's new (above-the-ground pool), we went over to Mee Maw and Paw Paw's house to visit with some family from Louisiana.
I wanted to get a picture of the cute flower clip in B's hair. She wasn't interested, obviously.

Collin wasn't in the mood to talk apparently. Ha! This is how I found him. I promise I didn't do this!! Although it's not a bad idea for those whiny days when you are trying to get out the door. ;)

While at Mee Maw's house, the great grandkids showed out a bit. They tried to have a hula hoop contest, among many, many other things.



On Sunday afternoon, we went over to Nana and Poppa's to grill burgers and fish in their neighbor's pond. Brantlee nearly made herself sick on plums and watermelon. I seriously don't know how her stomach didn't explode! She loves fruit... any and every kind.

Trying not to smile. Silly girl.

If there is one thing in this world Collin enjoys, it is fishing. This kid is obsessed and is pretty darn good at it, even if he is my own child. He can cast his line and pull in fish like a grown man. It cracks me up because he's so serious about it.


We (more like they) caught tons of catfish. Collin is pulling in the basket to admire the catch!

As to be expected, Brantlee liked it for 5 minutes. Then she got hot, bored, and over it. I could sympathize :)


Carrying all the rods himself.

On Monday we all (Daddy included) slept in. This is actually calm "bed head" believe it or not.

And played outside all day... which brings me to this story.

Anytime we are doing something fun or good like eating a popsicle outside or cooking muffins and licking the bowl (her favorite) Brantlee will say, "This is the life!" Ha! She's said is several times over the last few days. And I'd have to say that I agree :)