My good friend from college, Jessica, is expecting her first child, and she came to Petal from her home in New York this past Sunday for her baby shower! FYI- She's the blond all the way to the left. Yes, the supermodel-looking one who looks like she swallowed a small cantaloupe at 22 weeks pregnant with a sweet baby girl :) I thought since this was a "girl" thing that Brantlee might enjoy it.
Jessica, Me, Brantlee, Laura & Emily
Here is B leaving the "gul" (girl) party. I guess I got her hopes up too high. Considering there were no candles to blow out, no toys to open, or no birthday cakes, I think Brantlee would give it a C+.
After playing hard at church and attending a baby shower, she was done at 5 o'clock that day.
Farmer Collin gathered up some veggies from the garden after church.
We've had a good week at swim lessons. Both kiddos are going under by themselves and getting rings off the bottom of the shallow end. Collin is kind of sort of swimming under the water unassisted. Both will stay under the water for several seconds. Collin went for 10 the other day, and B went for 6!! And I am proud to report that B will finally blow her bubbles and get her eyes wet on demand :) Above anything else, these kids LOVE every lesson. They are so proud of themselves and have gained confidence in the water. That's worth anything right there.
Having a redneck moment.
This is what we call a rain dance. Thank you Lord for the rain this week! We enjoyed playing in it the other day.
No comments:
Post a Comment