Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pancakes and the Parade

Saturday morning was Laurel's annual Pancake Day followed by the Christmas parade. I think just about everybody in the Laurel/Jones county area attends, and apparently they all eat pancakes right before the parade too. We waited in line for 45 minutes!! It's all about the experience though ;)


We set up camp early and waited for it to start.
And more waiting...


Finally it started!

All in all, Collin, Brantlee and Fischer liked it we think. Santa was the highlight, of course. Although the horses were a favorite, as well. This was a fun day, and I'm hoping we will make it a tradition- except we might just have to pick up McDonald's hotcakes next time-ha.


Changing the subject here, but I took some funny pictures of our future chef. Both Collin & Brantlee love to help cook, but Collin is really into it! Here he is helping me clean up after making chicken parmesan last night.



Licking the bowl is THE best part of all!

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Precious! Love the little chef pics :)

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Courtney! I grew up doing this exact same thing every year! i can't wait to start taking Maggie. And of course you have to go eat pancakes before hand!!