Thursday, April 15, 2010

18 Months & Counting!

As of April 9th, our baby girl turned 18 months old. It is becoming harder and harder to call her a baby these days, because she certainly doesn't act like one. She is becoming so headstrong and independent lately. And I must admit, she does pretty well for herself. Her vocabulary is growing everyday, and she is beginning to speak in sentences. I know I am forgetting some things but here are some of the things Miss Brantlee is up to these days.
Skills and Thrills:
  • points to things like coffee and food from the microwave and says "hot"
  • points to the sky and says bird
  • Cries and yells "Ride" for the 4-wheeler and golf cart
  • Says "no no Daddy" even when he isn't here
  • Recent sentences include "This is Daddy/That's daddy" "I see .... (usually "daddy"), and our favorite... "I poot!" (Yep, that's right. I am so proud :/)
  • Walks around saying everyone's name: "Mama, Daddy, Sissy, Ca Ca (Collin)
  • Answers just about any question with a simple & matter-of-fact "Yeah."
  • Says tee tee and poo poo, especially when she sees Collin using the potty
  • Can blow her nose, I dont know why but I am so proud of this skill. she actually shoots air and snot out when a tissue is near. It beats the heck out of that nose sucker thingy. My kids hate that thing!!
  • Climbs like a wild woman up slides and ladders. Again, she has very little fear.
  • Is proving to be very, very tough when it comes to tumbles, falls, and skinned knees.
  • Really comprehends things, it seems. She seems to be following directions better and better. In other words, she is starting to "get it" for lack of better words.
  • Trys to count to ten with you. She says, "2...6....8...10"
  • Likes to feed her dolls what she is eating.

Dislikes/querky things about our princess:

  • Refuses to be rocked to sleep at night - She fights and whines and reaches until I lay her in her bed. Naps are a different story tho; she must be rocked for naps- strange huh?
  • Prefers not to wear socks to fall asleep- I put them on her before bed, but when I check on her later she has usually pulled them off and sometimes they are across the room. I guess she throws them.
  • We have to dip the spoon/fork in the food and then put the utensil on her tray so she can pick it up and put it her mouth... other techniques don't work.
Collin of course is growing up faster than we would like, as well. He will be three years old in July, which is only 3 months away :( :( I have actually registered him and paid a deposit on PRESCHOOL for this child!! (It truly hurts my heart!) Anyway, he is really fun to talk to these days. We are enjoying the conversations we have together. He has a such a vivid memory and imagination.
Recent words of wisdom:
  • "Well, you are welcome" after we tell him thank you.
  • "I really don't love you!" after he gets in trouble. It's such a heartbreaking thing to hear ;(
  • "yes ma'am" We are working on this one. It's hit and miss tho.
  • Asks lots and lots of questions!
  • He is extremely persuasive and can talk us out of or in to just about anything if we aren't careful.
Skills and Thrills:
  • Works the microwave- I tell him which numbers to press and he does it. It's his favorite thing to do right now. He has the cooking time for mac & cheese down to a science!
  • Antagonizes his baby sister- I think it's just a boy thing, but he just does things, little things, that he knows aggravate the mess out of her: laying on top of her so she can't move, pulling her down, taking her toys.
  • Looks out for his baby sister - He tells us what she wants, needs, and why she is crying. "She wants a red popsicle." "She needs a cookie, mommy." "She hit her head on the rocking horse."
  • Rarely has a potty "accident" anymore. He is basically potty trained in Big Boy undies!
  • Loves dinosaurs and dragons
  • Still likes to pretend he is David from the Bible and is slaying the giant with his sling shot.

Well that's all I can think up for now. This weekend Kyle is working, and we have absolutely no plans. THANK GOODNESS :) :) :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

They are both such smart kiddos, and I can't believe how quickly they are growing up! I love B's little quirks too!