Saturday, January 9, 2010

What we are doing now!

Because it's freezing outside and I have nothing to do around the house (ha! yeah right), I thought I'd have some fun with the camera this morning. Plus, Brantlee is 15 months old today and it's time to note some new things that both she and Collin are learning and doing these days. I am really not trying to be "that mother." It's just that I love, love, love to watch these babies grow and change and learn new things!! And I know I won't remember all theses little things.

Brantlee has certainly stepped her talking up a notch over the past month. Her latest words/ phrases: this/that,"Is this?" (what is this?), ta da!, Daisy (for the cat), "side" (outside), hey there, and my personal favorite... "tee tee" (when she sees anyone use the potty). She shakes her head and says "no no" when we make her do things she doesn't approve of ;) She is one tough little girl and loves nothing more than to be wrestled with and knocked down on the bed. She finds Collin to be hilarious... her best friend and biggest adversary at times. (And the feeling is most definitely mutual with Collin. Let's just say we are working on the whole sharing thing). Her favorite song is "Deep and Wide," which she loves to do the motions to. "The Wheels on the Bus" is a favorite of hers as well. She now has all 4 molars (thank you sweet Lord!).

Collin continues to amaze us with his words of wisdom and imagination. He usually wakes up running into the living room and yelling that a dragon, "Growly Gus," or "the grumpy old troll" is after him. These crazy cartoons!! He just recently told me that he was in my belly when he was a little baby. (I vaguely remember saying something about that in a picture he saw. Apparently it stuck!) He is becoming more and more into drawing and coloring. He is obsessed with a matching game Santa brought him. And he loves to practice his shapes and letters. He has started telling us BEFORE he needs to go potty. That really helps, you know ;) One thing that tugs at the heartstrings more than anything is his love for the Bible story "David and Goliath." We have to read it like once a day.











1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my these babies are growing too fast! I LOVE the tutu, I want to spend some day time with them.... looks like the next time that will happen is MLK Day or Spring Break :(