Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 Begins!

I am soooo behind on my blogging. And it's not that I haven't thought about it or intended to- I have just had some battery issues with my camera. And what's a good post without pictures, right?! Fortunately my mom took some good pictures of the family as we brought in the new year and so forth. Also, it is important to note that ALL schools in the area are closed today for "severe weather." Yes it is frigid, but not quite the Arctic blast we thought it would be. But I am not complaining!! I am TOTALLY fine with staying indoors and sipping hot chocolate all day :) and catching up this blog on the past 2 weeks. (Has it really been that long?? Geez!)

Belated Anniversary Celebration
In August, Kyle and I celebrated 5 glorious years of marriage. After Christmas, we finally slipped off to New Orleans for a couple nights - just the two of us. For some reason, we both just love NO and have since we started dating so many years ago. We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans, ate some awesome food, shopped the French Market, and just enjoyed some much needed time together. It was really so refreshing! The kiddos stayed between both sets of grandparents, and I am sure they enjoyed us being gone even more than we did ;)


Our view from the room balcony

Before dinner at Redfish Grille - our new favorite!
Bringing in the New Year
As usual, we kept NYE low key... but still managed to have a blast with the family. I'm not sure what I should classify as the highlight of the night: the fireworks, mom's gumbo or our pathetic attempts to bowl and ski on the Wii. HILARIOUS! We also celebrated Paw Paw Bob's birthday that night- just a few days early. And of course, January 1st wouldn't be complete without black-eyed peas, cabbage and hog jowl. (We kind of flubbed on the hog part and substituted sausage, but shhh don't tell anybody ;) Besides the fact that my attempt with homemade cornbread that day was a complete failure. Actually- it was unrecognizable, if that's even a word. My sweet in-laws said, "it really wasn't that bad, especially when you eat it with peas." Seriously... I'm fine with the truth. I'll just use a mix next time.



To say the very least- Collin enjoyed the fireworks. And every night for the next few days Collin thought that we were supposed to shoot them just because it was dark.

And Brantlee enjoyed the show too...Even the loud ones! This child has no fear!

So glad K'Lynne was home to celebrate Christmas AND the New Year with the family.
Resolution Time
I know, I know. These things are made to be broken only weeks (or days) after we make them. But maybe if we actually write them down and look back on them throughout the year we will be held more accountable?? Or maybe I should just call them goals?? Whatever, Kyle and I have made some goals for the year:
1) Fresher foods for the family (especially the babies) We eat entirely too much processed food!! I'm not saying we are going crazy with this... but we are committed to be more aware of the frozen pizzas, canned foods, and hot dogs our kids eat.
2)10K here we come!! Since we have all done several 5Ks, it's time to step it up. Kyle and I, along with my parents, are in full training mode for the Crescent City Classic in April. I'm excited! But I am not so excited that I am going to hit the pavement anytime soon... 40 degrees is where I draw the line.
3)And most importantly, we are committed to reading the Bible through in a year. We actually started this plan back in December but will continue it throughout the year. I mean really - it's 15 minutes a day. We have a guide/checklist. And we HAVE the time whether we admit it or not. It's ALL about priorities! Why is this area in my life always overlooked?

We are looking forward to 2010 and seeking God's will in this new year!!
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8 NKJV

No comments: