You know there are just some things in your day that stop you dead in your tracks and make you smile and even laugh out loud. There are certainly some things that when I stop and notice them, I realize they are things that I will cherish forever and will certainly miss when they are gone.
The sound of laughter and squealing when Kyle is tickling the kids in the living room.
The sight of Collin's freshly combed & styled hair after a bath- especially since Kyle takes pride in styling it so ridiculously that I have to hold my breath to keep from laughing at it (all the while Collin thinks it looks "handsome")
Brantlee's grateful smile when we get her out of bed in the morning- she is always so proud to be awake and watch Blue's Clues
The excitement and anticipation in my childrens' eyes when they realize I am headed to the frig to get them a popsicle
The expression of satisfaction on Collin's face when he finishes using the potty, flushes it, and understands that everyone is watching and cheering him on
The way Brantlee twirls my hair and plays with my fingers when I rock her before bedtime
On the contrary, there are a number of things that are equally as memorable, but perhaps not as pleasant.
Like the fact that we now have to punch the "p" key on our computer just right so that it will work (thanks to some little hands that took off 4 or 5 keys on the keyboard in the time I was changing Brantlee's diaper) Never realized how many words have the letter p until this minor ;problem arrived. See what I mean!!.....
Or that mac & cheese vomit only winds u;p (ugh!!) on the berber rug and not the hardwood or tile.
Also the fact that by the time our family gets in the car to leave for church we are more exhausted and ill than before we went to bed the night before... not to mention the state of our house!
Seeing poor Brantlee walk around whining with her fingers in her mouth because she is cutting her molars and realizing she has yet to cut one of the four.
Scraping yet another poo out of Collin's big boy underwear because he can't, for the life of him, remember to tell us he needs to go :(
But, if I am totally honest here, even things I find so frustrating now will probably still make me smile in years to come. Who am I kidding? I am smiling about half of them as I ty;pe :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment