Thursday, November 19, 2009

Milestone Update

This week my mom and I took the kiddos to have their pictures taken at Darrin's Photography. I am so excited to see how they turned out! Mom and I shopped long and hard for two outfits that coordinated for a boy and a girl- not an easy task. Overall, the kids did well. Collin cooperated only when we convinced him we were looking for snakes and bugs in the grass. And he only had one minor meltdown - pretty good for a two-year old with no nap. Branltee, on the other hand, chose to express her dramatic side for most of the photo shoot and would literally lose her breath when I tried to put her down. But I know we got some great shots regardless.


So... this seems like a good time to mention some things that each child is doing right now in this precious time in their lives. By the way, I really love the ages of my children right now. They can both walk and play together. And it seems like they learn something new or do something cute everyday. However, I DO NOT love terrible 2 tantrums and 1-yr-old separation anxiety :( It is such a challenge to balance these two things. But now, on to the positive....


Collin - 2 1/2 years old



  • Collin is talking so much right now I can't keep up with all he says. And I can't watch what I say enough. His latest things to say are "Good gracious sakes alive......" "Want to read a book with me mommy?" (my favorite) "Come on, come on. Vamanos!!" (gets that one from Dora)
  • He is potty training... sometimes really well and other times not at all but we will get there
  • He loves to help around the house, especially loading clothes into the washing machine and dryer.
  • He is OBSESSED with Dora right now... not Diego, but Dora. Whatever...
  • His imagination has really taken off. Sometimes he will run into the room terrified that Swiper the Sneaky Fox is after him.
  • He likes to pick out his own clothes, and he doesn't like to leave the house without his tractor cap. He certainly gets that honestly.
  • I wish he would eat more, but he has far more important things on his agenda.
  • He is now aware that we learn about Jesus at church and he knows about the Bible.
  • His favorite songs are "The Lord's Army," "Deep and Wide," & "Zacheaus."
  • About half of the time, he takes a 2 hour nap. Other times, not one at all.
  • He weighs 32 lbs and is exactly 3 feet tall.

Brantlee - 13 months

  • Brantlee is walking everywhere!! (Kyle says she "prances" everywhere she goes.")
  • She hates to be alone right now. Even though she can walk, it breaks her heart for anyone to walk out of the room and not take her!
  • And when she walks, she talks. Her new word is"uh huh" for yes. She also still talks a lot of baby language that we don't understand but respond to nonetheless
  • She loves to play "Where's Brantlee?" and hides her eyes.
  • She loves to "read" her books and turn the pages.
  • Her biggest passion right now is climbing!!! We have to REALLY keep our eye on her.
  • The lil dare devil also likes to try and stand on her head. She almost does a front roll. (I am committed to get this on camera, but I just haven't been able to yet.)
  • She is a passionate eater, and that's putting it mildly. I haven't found a food she doesn't eat
  • She is off the bottle and has been for almost 3 weeks now. She still drinks a mixture of milk and formula tho. (I am hoping she doesn't have lactose issues like her brother and I do)
  • She naps for 2 to 3 hours during the middle of the day and sleeps from 7:30 or 8 til 6 the next morning... sometimes earlier and sometimes but rarely later.
  • She weighs 25 lbs and is almost 30 inches long.



    Just a snapshot of what our living room looks like at almost any time of the day :)


I tried to capture Brantlee's first ponytail, but obviously she wasn't in the mood for any photos


Looks like Collin found Brantlee's paci... It's hard to be a big boy and a baby at the same time.

Collin is obsessed with shoes... anybody's shoes but his.

Looks like the climber has made it into her wagon.
















No comments: