
The story of our family began long, long ago at Northeast Jones High School in 1996. Kyle, a very preppy and smart 10th grader, caught my eye when I was in the 8th grade. And a friend so graciously gave him my number without me knowing it. After months of awkward smiles in the halls, Kyle finally asked me out on what would have been a date (if I had been old enough to go one.) Months turned into years, and before we realized it Kyle was graduating high school and moving on to Mississippi College to play football. Although the odds were stacked against us, somehow we made things work. Once I got to USM, we continued our long-distance relationship. Finally, on August 7, 2004, I married the man of my dreams. So far we have survived physical therapy school, one REALLY poor first year of marriage, three moves, building a house, and now on to parenting! I can say with all confidence that there is NO ONE out there better suited for me. God blessed me with a husband who is far more patient with me than I will EVER be with myself. He is my best friend and the love of my life. And although we have rarely slept in the same bed without an extra little person in over 2 years, we are stronger than ever :) On July 19, 2007, we met our firstborn Collin Richard, and our lives have truly never been the same. Fourteen short months later, along came Brantlee Grace, our baby girl who has brought such balance and joy to our family.
After attempting 2 1/2 scrapbooks (and finally completing only one of them), I decided I needed to come up with a different way to document our growing family and all our adventures. Life for us is happening so fast it seems, and the past two years have been such a blur. To say the very least, I now know more blessings than I ever thought possible. Looking back on the past 2 years through hundreds of photos (half of which still haven't made into albums yet), I am overwhelmed by God's grace and His plan. I look so forward to what God has in store for our family. If it is anything like the past 2 years, then I can hardly wait! And while having 2 children in 14 months did and still has its challenges, I can truly say I haven't regretted a moment and wouldn't change a single thing.


No comments:
Post a Comment