On July the 4th (or 5th) we celebrated Mee Maw's birthday since K'Lynne and her crew were in town from St. Louis. We pulled off the ultimate surprise for her. Earlier that morning while she was still sleeping we met out in the back yard and had pictures made on Paw Paw's old blue tractor. We rushed and got the pictures printed, framed and wrapped up that day for her party that afternoon. Whew! But so worth it for the look on her face. I think she was equally blown away with the pictures themselves and their sentimental value. And of course the fact that we actually pulled it off without her having a clue, ha!
We also had some fabulous fireworks this year thanks to Poppy who tried to outdo his neighbor. They have a friendly competition every year, and this year Poppy won hands down.
Sometimes raising kids and doing life can be so crazy but we have to stop and realize how priceless and precious these memories really are with our family and friends. If there is anything I've learned from our Mee Maw, it is the importance of taking pictures. It used to drive me crazy growing up but now I am forever grateful. And now... I think I'm turning into her!
No comments:
Post a Comment