Friday, February 28, 2014

Almost 20 Months

Ty turned 18 months in January and had his 18 month check up. Considering it is March now, that would make him almost 20 months. At his check up he weighed 29 lbs and was 32 inches tall. I think this puts him in the 75 percentile on weight and 50-70 percentile in height, whatever that actually means. I do know this, he is 100% BOY and is whipping our tails right now. If he wasn't so darn cute, I might put him up for sale some days, HA!
Here are some other TyTy facts for 1 1/2 years:

  • His eating has slowed down a lot. He's becoming picky, but will eat any fruit under the sun. He's much more interested in throwing food on the floor and rubbing it in his hair, clothes, etc. than actually eating it. Unless it's candy of course.
  • He is OBSESSED with Elmo dvds. This is the first real interest he has shown in watching t.v. so we are loving that we have something to keep him still for a little while at a time. 
  • He says lots of words but still has a hard time communicating what he wants. He relies on grunting, screaming, kicking and pointing to get his point across. Really looking forward to when he can actually TELL us what he wants.
  • Separation anxiety is at an all time high right now, but it's only with me. We are the parents with THAT kid in the church nursery. You know, the one you can hear screaming down the hall....
  • We ditched the paci last month, and despite everything I imagined it would be, the transition has been really "easy". Naps are a little bit of a struggle, but nighttime sleep didn't change. It's soooo nice to not have to search for one more thing when trying to get out the door. And he has barely missed it, a HUGE shocker and so unlike Collin and Brantlee.
  • He goes to bed around 8 and starts out in his bed. That lasts until about midnight. He then screams bloody murder, like someone is pulling off his toenails, until I come get him. He buries his head in my neck and pats me on the back. We snuggle down in our bed for the rest of the night. Even though it's like sleeping with an orangutan, I secretly love it. He's our last baby, and that's just how it's going to be for a while :)
  • This boy would live outside if I let him. He hates shoes. Running around with bare feet digging in the dirt is just heavenly for him. That and climbing.



This is how I found him one morning while I was doing a little work at the computer. Like five minutes worth of work. EEEK!


This was one of the last times he had his paci. :( :( I'm equally sad that I look like I am wrestling a ticked off octopus trying to get him down for a nap. I know I paint a not so pleasant picture of our Ty man, but he really does have all our hearts! He is very sweet and sensitive and is SUCH a little ham!! It is so much fun watching him grow, even if it is happening way faster than it should!

No comments: