Tuesday, December 4, 2012

St. Jude's Marathon Weekend

For the second year in a row we have experienced the St Jude's Marathon weekend. This whole experience and cause is just incredible, and I could go on and on about it. This year Kyle did the half marathon. I was suppose to do it too originally but I chickened out and just did the 5K. We didn't take kids this year and we used this weekend as our annual getaway. It was GREAT to get away just the two of us... much needed. But I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave 3 little ones for two nights. It was so hard leaving... the first time Ty has been away from us at night :( They of course did great, but we missed them bad!! However, this was the most fun we've had in a while. MAJOR thanks to the grandparents for keeping the kids.

Good friends, good times. Ready to run!

Kyle at mile 3. He finished in 2 hours 4 minutes.

Beale Street music and fun

The kids had quite the weekend too. They went to Hattiesburg to eat and to Fischer's birthday, 
had a bonfire, and basically lived it up :) 

Two monkeys up a tree! 

Ty didn't actually move in this walker, but it did give him some new scenery, ha

It was great to get away and even greater to be back home!

1 comment:

The Kingrea's said...

How fun! Congrats to Kyle. Sounds like a nice mama and daddy get away! Miss yall!