Friday, June 3, 2011

Swimming

We started swim lessons this week. We have been so pleasantly surprised at how well it has gone so far. I was concerned about how Collin might respond to a teacher he doesn't know and if Brantlee would be able to hang with the older kids. But so far, so good! Collin is already jumping in by himself, going under, and going to get rings off the bottom of the shallow end. Brantlee doesn't go under or get her eyes wet voluntarily, but she participates and loves it. The teacher lets her go under and she isn't scared a bit. Here are some pictures from the first day. I will do better next week to capture their progress.


Their class of 5 includes Katie, Brantlee, Collin, Hudson and Harrison.

I wish I knew what Hudson was telling them here. Must have been good.

This picture sums it up perfectly. Her teacher has tried everything to get B to blow bubbles... and she just won't! HA. I don't know what's going on with that :)




B has talked about "swimin school" all week and can't wait to get in.

So proud of himself!

We have survived the heat of this week with popsicles. What are we going to do in August?!


Tonight we enjoyed the most delicious meal! It was "DE LISH US" in the words of Brantlee. This is a drunken chicken and ribs that Kyle put on the smoker this afternoon. We ate it with fresh corn on the cob, garlic bread,  and salad. Collin was so excited about the ribs. At every bite, he would say, "Dad, this steak sure is gooood." I should have taken a picture of him eating ribs off the bone, but I was too busy stuffing my own face :)

1 comment:

Julie Ard James said...

LOL!!! i should not have read this so late at night, now I am going to raid the kitchen. Tomorrow when my shorts won't button, it will be all your fault! :)