Friday, September 24, 2010

The United States of America

We have been so impressed with what Collin is learning in preschool. Just this afternoon, he said, "Hey mommy and daddy, the USA is the United States of America." Well... yes Collin it is :) He also knows the Pledge of Allegiance and John 3:16. He knows most of the words to the "Grand Ole Flag" song. I don't even know all the words, and I obviously don't know the correct title of the song either. It is so stinkin sweet. Of course it's on video, but of course I can't figure out how to get it on here.

Brantlee keeps us laughing so much these days. She is so dang sassy it's not even funny. Yesterday I told her, "Brantlee you are such a little priss." And she answered right back with, "No, I'm a girl!" Ha. Can't get anything past her. Brantlee's favorite song is "Jesus Loves Me" and she can sing the first verse. "Ring Around the Rosey" is a close second for her too. She is very interested in talking about her upcoming birthday. Priceless moments.

Here are some afternoon shots of them doing what they do best- playing HARD outside, usually barefoot and eating a popsicle and with as little clothing as possible.


I loved how the lighting turned out on these two pictures. It was just how the sun was shining that day.

Our best friends Daisy and Stella

They play SO rough with each other. I overheard Brantlee say "Let's do a crash!" so I guess this fall was on purpose. No wonder they live with all these bruises!


This is what we call being self-sufficient at our house - getting in the swing by yourself




This picture makes me want to squeeze every ounce of that chubby little body.

Collin is going to kill me one day over all the underwear pics. Buddy, this is just how you liked to be at 3 :)

1 comment:

Julie Ard James said...

Courtney~They are growing up to fast! And just gorgous!!! I can't get over Brantlee's hair, it is beautiful, I hope that Arden's will look like that one day. Actually I just hope that one day she has hair. We should have a playdate for them one day. They would give us a run for our money I am certain. :)