Of course with no school or work on Monday, our week went by in a hurry. And nothing too "blogworthy" happened except for just some typical, dysfunctional Crager humor :)
This is total blackmail for that Senior year in high school...
I don't know what it is about MY shoes... not Kyle's shoes, just mine. Puzzling.
After bath time every night, we let the kiddos run around in the buff to let them "air" dry. It is their favorite thing to do. They won't be still long enough for us to completely dry them off, so we just let them run free for a little bit. Hey, we all need to feel liberated every now and then. Well, one night this past week I was letting them air dry while I straightened up the bathroom. As I entered the living room I see Brantlee in mid-action doing something I had no I idea she was capable of doing- scaling the back of the couch and actually making it over to the over side, with no help. WHAT??! I know I should have shut this activity down right then and there, but I really wanted a picture of it. And here she goes...
Notice the pillow she put on the floor just give herself a little boost-ha
Almost there, just keep pulling...
Whew, she made it!! I promise no one helped her do this. We quickly stopped this trick, and I haven't see her do it again since. Have mercy, this child makes us nervous!

Let the games begin! Lolly introduced Collin to the game of Candy Land- an instant hit! Collin has smoked Kyle and me multiple times already. I'm telling you, the kid can't lose at this game.

It sure is hard to resist a curled up napping shot.

We eat ice cream cones right before
bath time and bedtime. And we eat them upside down and with a spoon. Doesn't everyone??!
Last night, we finally took both kids to a high school football game. We chose the West vs. South game, which was super crowded and hot. But the kids did really, really well. We only made it to halftime, but we made it nearly 2 hours sitting in those stands with only 2 or 3 minor meltdowns. I was proud. But don't think for one minute that this adventure was uneventful... that's just impossible in our world.
Collin started out great, loving the game and atmosphere. Then something just got to him, and he started crying- the pitiful, sad kind of crying ... not the throwing a fit kind. Anyway, we finally figured out that all the loud noise and yelling, combined with exhaustion, just got the best of him. Then he tells us, and I quote, "That lady down there was yelling and not smiling. And that made me sad." Bless his sweet heart. He is such a tender soul :)

He did enjoy the game though, as well as the suckers.

But nothing could top the band. That was the highlight for both these two!
Shortly after this moment we discovered, that Brantlee had only one shoe. It was nowhere to be found. We used our best judgement and concluded that she took off the shoe and threw it under the bleachers. There is no way it just fell off. Those sandals were strapped on her feet. It was intentional. That little stinker- ha! Luckily our friend Addison went under the bleachers and got it for us. Thanks Addison!
After this we headed to Sonic for some refreshments. And the drama didn't stop there. We decided to sit outside in the patio section. Collin got strangled on a cherry and vomited all over himself. Right after that, Brantlee spilled my cherry limeade drink all over mom and me, the table and the ground. At that point, we couldn't help but laugh hysterically. What else can you do?! I am sure the people in the drive up section are still laughing this morning about that scene.

And finally, here we have Kyle encouraging
Brantlee to use the potty, as she woke up dry from a full night's sleep this morning. Did she use it you ask? No
sir. Not today. After 45 minutes of coaxing, he just let it go. And at this moment, her diaper is soaked and about to explode. Wow.
I promise we aren't always this dysfunctional. It's been an exceptional week. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment