Thursday, August 2, 2012

One Month

Our sweet Ty is one month old!! While it does feel like a month has passed since we were in the hospital, it is hard to believe we have a one month old! And I have to say that while there have been a few bumps in the road, it has been a wonderful month with our new addition. We are adjusting to our family of five, and every day I feel a little more capable of actually taking care of three young children. Well most days anyway :) There have been a few days where I've had my doubts.

At 2 weeks old we started noticing some familiar signs of reflux that troubled Collin and Brantlee as babies. He seemed so uncomfortable after eating and in the night he would spit up and grunt and squirm in his sleep, even if we elevated his bassinet. He usually ended up sleeping on one of our chest for most of the night :( But after a prescription of Zantac and the purchase of a Nap Nanny, we saw immediate improvements!! We also discovered that the formula we were using to supplement was hurting his stomach. He is now a pretty good sleeper for a newborn and a very pleasant baby so far.



Here are some facts about "TyTy" as we like to call him. At one month Ty
  • eats every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours during the day. I honestly rarely watch the clock with his feedings, not like with brother and sister.
  • loves to nap in the swing (or while someone holds him, of course!)
  • will hang out in the bouncy seat for a little while, but much prefers to be held and rocked :)
  • is still breastfeeding, but does take a bottle of formula before bedtime
  • usually sleeps 4, sometimes 5 hours at night. He has slept 6 hours recently, which made us soooo happy!
  • weighed 6 lbs 14 ounces at his one week appointment
  • weighed 8 lbs 10 ounces at his three week appointment
  • has started focusing on objects and our faces. (And I'm not going to call it officially, but I really think he smiled at B and me twice the other day... could have just been a reflex tho :) 
  • he STILL has a portion of his umbilical stump!!! I'm serious. His doctor worked on it at his last appointment. It looks like it will fall off in the next day or so. So weird!! And we are SO ready to not have to bathe around it. Let's just say he was very well attached, ha

Ty went to church this past Sunday. We sat in the balcony and made it through the singing service, until he got hungry. We hung out in the foyer for the rest of the service and listened to the sermon. 

We don't love tummy time. I mean, who would???

Collin is the ultimate entertainer, ha

Visiting with Mee Maw

He is most awake during the first part of the morning and the evening.
The evening isn't his best part of the day.

He has been several places this month including Sam's twice, Sweet Peppers, McAlisters & Kroger. It's hard to sit at home!

I know each month will only go by faster and faster, so we are soaking in this newborn sweetness all we can!

1 comment:

Angela said...

He's growing so fast! Love all the pics of sweet TyTy!