Monday, July 2, 2012

Here we go!

Well we are about 24 hours away from meeting our baby! We have one FINAL appointment today to confirm the baby's position (it hasn't changed) before tomorrow morning. To say we are (all) anxious would be a tremendous understatement but we had a wonderful weekend regardless. Mainly we have just been getting ready ... catching up on laundry, mowing the grass, cleaning out the car, etc. Friday night we went out to eat with Lolly & Poppy. Saturday we went out for lunch at Chuck E. Cheese (of course) and stocked up on groceries. While we were getting dressed, here is how I found Brantlee...

Bless her little heart. 

Late Saturday evening it was finally bearable enough to be outside. Kyle smoked chicken wings & cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers (fresh from the garden). Delish! Chalk on the trampoline is a new thing around here. Not sure why this is so much fun but it apparently is. 

The highlight of the night was the Miss Mississippi Pageant! Well, for me anyway :) Everyone else tried to be a good sport about watching it. 

Sunday morning we had a patriotic service at church, and of course we had to dress accordingly ;) Since we'll be out of commission on the 4th, we decided to celebrate a little early.

Happy Independence Day!!


After church we headed to the only place to be... the swimming pool!! Check out everyone's new tricks!
B is bound and determined to learn to dive this year. She's almost got it. 

Collin refers to this move as his "jack knife". 

Collin shed his floaties back in May. He and B have been swimming independently all summer, and I have to say that it is so nice!

Daddy and his moves. Mercy. 



Watermelon is sort of a big deal in this family. We are huge fans :) :) 


I suppose in my next post life will be very, very different. If I think about it too much then it kind of makes me crazy. So I think I'll just go sweep for the 100th time this week :)

From my devotion this morning:
"You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 118:28-29

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just got a little emotional, this sweet baby is about to be the biggest blessing!!! I'm nervous and excited! Nice form on the adult jackknife Kyle :)

Amanda Mills said...

So excited for you guys! If I can do ANYTHING just let me know! Even if its just to take the kids for a few hours.